- To share our culture and heritage knowledge about caring the rainforest with people around the world.
- To preserve the forest and use the natural resources in a sustainable way.
- To insert the eight native communities in the tourism business in a decent way.
- To generate economic and entrepreneurial opportunities for them.
- To protect our land from the external threats (gold, wood and oil exploitation).
- To show the identity of the Amazonian indigenous with pride and respect.
- The enterprise is owned 100% by the indigenous, so the profits are destined exclusively to improving the living conditions of the indigenous communities.
- Itís encouraged the entrepreneurism among the indigenous of the communities they are trained and guided through the implementation of small business such as craft sells, typical food, natural medicine, cooking and dancing lessons and alike.
- Wanamei has been developed with qualification and training of the indigenous shareholders of Wanamei, n indigenous with university studies in Management of tourism. He has received the trust of the rest of shareholders, even of the older ones, who are aware now of the importance of given education to the Youth. There is a group of ten indigenous members of the enterprise who are received specific training in management and account topics.
- Itís promoted the establishment of strategic alliances with the local governments in order to carry on together projects to improve the infrastructure of the communities, for instance, improvement of ways, and water management.
- There is a system of accountability and transparency available to all the members of the communities. Each two months, the General Manager gives Information to the communitiesí partners about the economic statement of account and periodic reports of the state of the company to that refers.
- During its regular sessions, the planning committee decides on the uses to which profits gained are to be put. It examines the accounting done by WANAMEI and comes itself under the scrutiny of a Fenamad (river of Madre de Dios Federation Native) representative. Members of the communities can take part in the sessions, which guarantees a high level of transparency.
- The guides and others Wanameiís staff are from local, Wanamei mainly buy natural products produced in the local community for example manioc, fruits etc according to the necessities and preferences of the visitors
- Wanamei uses local services that are previously checked to confirm its optimus conditions. For example, it uses sometimes the accommodation services of some members of the communities, to tourist who prefers interact further with the natives, Wanamei use the food and housekeeping services of some members of the communities.